Thursday, January 14, 2010

Third day in Tobago...



Today I woke up really early while Omari was getting ready for school and I had trouble getting back to bed. I finally fall asleep and don’t wake up till around 1. I must have needed it. It turns out Kirth didn’t go to work because he hurt his foot bad the other day diving. He was going out with his girlfriend Georgina for lunch and asked if I wanted anything. I respectfully declined because I was planning on going exploring later. I got showered and dressed and went west into unfamiliar territory. I found a place at a small resort called Grillers. I had some hot grilled chicken with potato wedges. Great. I also had some Jamaican Ginger Beer. Also great. 46 TT altogether, my most expensive meal yet.

After that I headed north on Buccoo Rd right in the middle of a golf course. Kirth told me that there was a nice beach over there. It was a little bit of a walk but I found it. Of course I figured I would just dip my feet in so I didn’t bring my suit, but I unfortunately underestimated the waves. They came in fast and splashed straight up my leg into my pants, sand and all. I eventually attempted to rinse off my pants and shorts and walk back. When I got back Omari was home from school and I was going to go back to the beach with a suit this time. Omari loves the beach so he came along too. After a short disagreement as to where to go we finally went back to the beach I. He argued that the walk was too long. But as we were doing it he didn’t complain. Plus he has so much energy. he runs around all the time. We got to the beach and it was great. The water wasn’t too salty, clean, warm and clear. The waves were pretty big so that took some getting used to but the swim was great. We then headed back home. Omari loves kites and is always talking about building them. He will grab bamboo sticks and put them together and pretend to fly them around. That’s what he was doing all the way home. I was making sure he didn’t fly his kite into oncoming traffic. Haha. We made it back safely and we cleaned up and showered, and then I skyped my parents. They got to meet Omari and Kirth and my dad did his best Trini accent (yea… not to good.) but they showed Omari the snow and he about passed out. And he proceeded to show my family all of his toys. It was great. I am now going to play a game with Omari. Side note: he just was looking at my hair and asked why it is falling out… haha. Anyway, quick game with Omari and then to rehearsal. bye

No comments:

Post a Comment