Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mid-day blog

Well today I woke up at about 11. The house was empty because Kirth went early to dive for conchs and lobster and Omari was at school. I got in a nice shower and shaved finally. I decided to go for a walk to get some food and explore. As I was walking I passed Kirth going back to the house. I went down to a place where I knew they sold roti. I had to get some. It was a little hut with a small bench outside. I asked for roti and there was a lady next to me at the counter. I thiiink she asked me to buy her roti and then she called me gritty and licorice when I said no. The man behind the counter knew the woman and told me she was crazy. And they she told me the he was crazy. Anyway, the man also told me that he only had roti with goat meat. And I said that’s fine (what’s the worst that could happen), got a bottle water and walked up to the panyard to eat. (because it was 100 ft away and its pretty much the only place I know) so the roti was delicious, lots of bones though. I started walking towards the north side of the island past the panyard. The sun was reeeeaaal hot and I drank that water really fast. I ended up at a huge cliff that dropped into the ocean. Amazing sights. I think it might have been private property but no one yelled.

I started walking back to the house and on the way I stopped by a little shop to get something to drink. I want to try as many different things as I can. I found some Banana Slice. Very tasty. Orange in color.

I got back to the house and figured it was time to get out of the sun and do some mid-day blogging, and here I am. Time to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment