Saturday, January 23, 2010

Few days blogged into one...

Wow the last two days have been pretty busy. After I blogged last, I went to go get food at Chinese restaurant down the street and and I realized that Chinese food is pretty much the same wherever you go. After that I hung out for a while before practice Thursday. That was a normal practice, not too late but I still passed out before blogging. Friday, I woke up and went down the road and got some food. As I was eating, Kirth called me and said he was going to pick me up in 10 minutes to go to the grocery store and run some errands. I got in the shower quick and 45 min later he arrived to pick me up. I am slowly getting used to this life still but I don’t think I could live in it my whole life haha. So we went to the bank which took forever, not Kirths fault and then we went to get meet the players from Trinidad coming off the boat. He had to make sure they had transportation back to buccoo from Scarborough. That was nice to see because Scarborough is the capital city of Tobago and pretty busy especially right by the docks. There was a cruise ship in the bay and tons of shops and people. Then we went back and we didn’t have time to get to the grocery store. Then I went down to practice after a short nap. Seion wasn’t going to be there until today so we rehearsed a lot. We actually rehearsed until about 330 in the morning. Then fed us some food, fish boil, which was the same thing that Kirth made me my first night. It was great I didn’t get back to the room until 4 am and then I had to be up for a 10 am rehearsal. Well I thought I did, it turns out I didn’t understand what the 10 am rehearsal was for. Language barrier. It turns out it was for a small group, one or two from each section, who will learn the new part from Seion and then teach it to everyone else. I, of course, didn’t find this out until I had gotten there and everyone else got there which was around 1045. I figured I would stay and learn the piece. I have been getting very frustrated because the parts I didn’t learn from Seion I was getting taught by the other cello players. And there have been numerous accounts where they have taught me the wrong part so I have to unlearn and relearn. Kind of a pain in the butt. I figured I’ll stay so I can directly learn from Seion and KNOW I am correct. I ended up learning the parts faster than anyone else. I am really getting used to rote learning. Also, Seion taught us the ending and I could hear the chord progression he had written easily and people were impressed. Thanks Dr. Klonoski and Dr. Maki… haha. So that ended just around two and I got some food on the way back to Kirths. I also forgot to mention that I was not playing for Prelims on Friday I believe. I didn’t really think I was but I wanted to prepare like I was just in case. But the reason is because there are four 4 pan cellos and 5 players right now. They are making two more for next week and I am the 5 player who came. It makes perfect sense that I shouldn’t play. That came as kind of a relief just because I didn’t have to stress as much about the tune. But now I pretty much have the tune. Anyway, I took a MUCH needed nap and woke up to blog. Rehearsal actually started at 6 but Kirth said it was ok if I came a little later because I wouldn’t really have a pan and I want the 4 that are playing to get used to the pans they are playing on. Now I am going to get in the shower and get some food as I go down to rehearsal. Tonight should be another long night. More later or in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment